Monday, September 16, 2013

Tie-Dye


Thanks to Threadbanger’s summer craft camp, we had some direction on what we wanted to accomplish this ranch run.  We also wanted to take a picture of these lined up mailboxes because they are just so unique.  We always love seeing these as we pass by and this time we decided to admire them up close.  Thanks to this little pit stop, we also got to see some horses up close as well.  One of the coolest things about van life, is that it takes no time at all to pop the top and make a place to sleep, which leaves more time to do whatever the heck you want.  The heck we decided to do was tie-dye right away, so we could allow drying time.  Without reading the directions, we got busy and thankfully it wasn’t a disaster.  Of course, my aunt and I had to zone out with some mind numbing beading, my mom made a TON of God’s eyes for another Threadbanger project, and my uncle watched NASCAR.  I wanted to finish up two of these necklaces we were sewing (yes… these beaded necklaces were tediously sewed together) so my mom and I could wear them for our upcoming back to school welcome meetings.  I sat there hunched over frantically beading my heart out to try to finish in time.  I needed to make sure I got home a few hours before midnight to finish up some stuff for school and submit it on time.  I took breaks every now and then to spray icy hot all over and then got back to work, but it was worth it because… I finished!  Unfortunately, we didn’t even wear those necklaces for our meetings.  In fact, we haven’t even worn them ONCE and we probably never will. :)  

Momma and baby

Mailboxes

Housebox

During

Tada!

Tie-Dye

God's eyes

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment